Friday 26 April 2013

Importing 11.2.0.3 database schema into 11.2.0.1 version

Hi,
Today I have got an a mail from my manager says, import a production database schema into our UAT environment for testing purpose.

Source database version : 11.2.0.3
Used method for Export: Data pump
Target database version : 11.2.0.1.

I had bit confusion in my mind that we need to import from higher version to lower version..is that possible ?
Other side have clarity that both are 11g ...I think it may work (no any prior exp like this)..
So started importing ..

Source log file:

Steps I followed :
1) Dump file having 125 MB size. so I thought using the default data pump directory.
Select * from dba_directories;
2) I copied dump file,log file into above DATA_PUMP_DIR location.
3)Connected to server ran bash profile.
4)Created two table spaces as per requirement. We need not to create same name table spaces, we can use remap_tablespaces parameter. But i got an errors related spatial indexes.

In some of the blogs i found we can ran out of these issues if we gave create table, sequence like privileges to the imported schema.But no luck to me...

5) Executed the below query by going to respected data pump directory..
Target Log file :



No comments:

Post a Comment